Monday, May 26, 2008

Here I am,UK


Tower Bridge,London,photo:Lan

The foreign passengers on the aeroplane where required to fill in a form before arrival, it was about another 30 mins before the plane would land.
The immigration officer asked me " Have you come for a working holiday?", I answered "yes". He told me that I had to have an X-ray check up, I asked how long it would take, he told me "It takes about 15 minutes to complete". That was the entire conversation, just the officer and I. Within two minutes, just one question.
Afterwards, I went to a small room where I saw people who looked a similar age to me, who were also waiting to have an X-ray taken.
After the procedure, I was asked to go back to the officer I had spoken to earlier, and show the results from the X-ray showing that I was in good health.
I went through the immigration gate, and recieved a "12 May 2008, Heathrow Airport" stamp, on my UK working holiday page in my passport.
Very few peoplewhere left in the airport at that point (I was among the last group of people to have an X-ray taken).
No officer checked my luggage or anything like that.. I carried my luggage with my backpack and made my way to the train station.

UK here I come : )

6 comments:

chaikokcheng said...

Finally, you update your blog! You know how long I wait for that? Wait until my neck also long di! Haha good to hear that everything is going smooth and fine over there, keep in touch ya!

yk chai said...

ha ha KC everyday log in and want to see ur updated blog..but he is the one never update his blog..haha..
Lan pls reply my email as i'm waiting for ur "instruction"..hehe..
ALL THE BEST TO YOU
CHEERS!!

chaikokcheng said...

What la? I really busy ma, then how to update le? haha actually is a little lazy lah... haha to write a good blog, u need to have feel to write one... now i super duper lazy and a little busy with life....... so.......

Metta-Lan said...

hi guys,
just to say quick hello..not much spare time to write blog at the moment..still looking for a fulltime job.At the meantime also work with a recuitment agency where I were sent to the football stadium to do some function stuff..last time was England vs USA,very close to those football star included David Beckham yo..

Anonymous said...

你到了英国我才刚完成纽西兰南岛之旅,何时才追得上你。。。

valyn @ 家乡槟城,想念伦敦 said...

呵呵,我也刚刚写了一篇和这个heathrow机场X-rays有关系的文章。。只是,我用的是中文。。好巧哦。

发现我们有很多共同点。。交你这个朋友啦~ (如果你不介意的话..hehe)