Friday, September 19, 2008

Burts hotel


(Burts at Market Square,photo:Lan 18Aug08)

Hey you can't just put on some photos just walk through the readers.
Since haven't updated my blog for quite a while,I don't know what to start with to tell my working holiday life in UK.Back to London,I have spent some wonderful,happy,but also anxiety ,sweats and tears.It was about a month ago before I decided to come to Scotland.

I am working at Burts hotel at the moment in Melrose,is a small little old town,middle of no where in the borders between Scotland and England.
The hotel website is http://www.burtshotel.co.uk/ if you interested to see and work here.
This is my work schedule
7.50-10 Breakfast
11.55-2.30 Lunch
6-10 Dinner

Two split shift,in between the break I usually back to staff accomondation to have some rest,sulf the internet,read and sleep.I try to read BBC as much as possible and did some English grammar practice as much as possible
I have the greatest resources now for self-studying English.A TV and radio in the room,where many English programs shown everyday (even some are so boring,many cooking programs)I like the BBC news and some documentaries the most.I watched movies to learn the way Englsih people express themselves and to absorb more new English and vacaburies.My workplace surrounded all English speaking people.Mostly Scottish ,who speak unique accent.There also have people from Poland,South Africa and Austra.We work together as waitress waiter.

The hotel provide accomondation and food for 7 days.I work about 8hour 45 min a day,5 days a week got 2 days off together.The wages is fix,220 pound a week.After tax,186 something like that.Plus,there is tips about 140 every 2 weeks.Depend on how busy the hotel is.

My staff accomondation room is wonderful(where free wireless provided and fully furnished) ,food from the hotel is yum and co-workers are marvelous.

I have nothing to complain.

1 comment:

yk chai said...

very detail description of ur life at Scotland...
Enjoy exploring life!!